Thursday, December 31, 2015

Finish #9


Joy to the World freebie by La Comtesse & Le Point De Croix
Fabric: 28ct evenweave (?) hand dyed by myself
Threads: Red - hand dyed by myself
Green - Moss by Fiberlicious
Started Dec. 29. 2015
Finished Dec. 31. 2015

When I was stitching this my nephew looked at the fabric and says "Oh no what happened?  Let me guess, Thomas!"  I then had to tell him that it was me that made the fabric look like that and I did it on purpose.  

I am still not too sure about this fabric but let me know what you all think.  I think it is a little busy and that I should have stitched something on it in a solid color like all white stitching, which I still can do because I have a lot of it left.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! And that is good, I was going for festive :)

      Delete
  2. I think you're right about it being too busy. A little less and it would be fine. I think what your nephew said was actually funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am bad for choosing busy fabric and busy thread. Hopefully I will have a little more restraint next time haha. And my nephew is so funny. He has a little sister the same age as Thomas and she has ruined a piece of fabric on my sister by coloring on it with a highlighter so his comment came from past experience. We are able to laugh about it now. :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on 9th finish. I think you're right about the fabric being too busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mini! I was so excited to find something to stitch on my fabric that I didn't really pay attention to the thread choices. :)

      Delete