Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Partridge In A Pear Tree and a little TUSAL

Hi!  I finished the first day!  Still in love with it :)


And November TUSAL is today.  I have been tatting some bookmarks for Christmas presents so lots of red, white and green orts in there, and since I had Christmas orts I thought my mug that I am using today fit in with that theme.  That is Micah all ready for Santa a few years ago.  She was not too impressed with me ha!


Today is Rememberance Day in Canada and I know it is a special day in other parts of the world also so I included these beautiful words written by Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place: and in the sky
The larks still bravely singing fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the dead: Short days ago,
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved: and now we lie
In Flanders fields!
Take up our quarrel with the foe
To you, from failing hands, we throw
The torch: be yours to hold it high
If ye break faith with us who die,
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields


4 comments: